Businesses find it hectic to manage and streamline the product content for marketing and sales purposes. This problem can be solved by the product information management software for data management that improves the customer-engaging experience. Also, organizations use this solution to recognize product data quality issues and emerging market opportunities for better customer experience. In this article, we will discuss product information management solutions to help your brand grow.
What is Product Information Management? (PIM)
It is a business solution providing a single space to manage, collect, and enrich the product information to distribute to the sales channel. The process provides an engaging product experience to sell the product successfully. In addition to that, this solution makes the product experience faster, easier, and more productive.
Moreover, product information management tools are available to external and internal collaborations and systems to protect and improve the quality. With the help of this tool, businesses can update accurate information across all marketing channels. Furthermore, it is a trusted platform to standardize the complex demands of product content.
Why is Product Information Management Important?
Better customer experience is connected to product information, which ultimately improves sales. If there is no proper information about the product on the marketing channel, the customer experience is impacted badly. The below section covers the benefits of this solution, making it important for product management information:
- Launch Product Faster: Users can create and manage product information with a product information management solution. Other than that, it makes the launch process of the product faster than manual handoff and hectic data entry procedures.
- Better Brand Awareness: Businesses can use this system to deliver product data on time across all sales and marketing channels. Additionally, with this timely delivery of product information, customers buy products with a smooth purchasing experience and raise brand awareness.
- Improve Conversion Rate: The product information management tool ensures that customers find the product and all relevant information easily to purchase it. Furthermore, this improves the conversion rate and benefits the business.
- Enhance Business Productivity: The efficiency of business is enhanced by this super data management solution. Also, you can collect and manage all the information about the product in a single place and improve the productivity of the business.
What Kind of Data is in a PIM?
You can tackle the problem of dispersed data by the product information management system to give a holistic view of the organization. The system handles all the product content to make the product information management process easy. So, product content includes the data, marketing descriptions, videos, photos, and any information that describes the product. Other than that, we will discuss in the below section what kind of data should be in PIM:
1. Product Data
Product data, which is the raw information that businesses use to describe the product, should be added to PIM. The data on the product includes important information, like size, weight, material, and color. Additionally, this information helps the customer to get a proper idea of product attributes before purchasing it.
2. Digital Assets
Organizations can improve the market by entering digital assets in product information management. Digital assets include information packed in digital format, including video, illustrations, logos, and product guides. In addition, this digital format packed with information attracts the customer and encourages them to buy the product.
3. Marketing Data
The marketing team of the business can optimize and run the marketing process smoothly with marketing data in the PIM. Brand guidelines, search engine optimization, and personas are examples of marketing data. In addition, the team can improve the ranking of content to reach the targeted audience smartly with this data.
4. Localized and Regionalized Information
The purchasing experience of international customers should be improved by adding localized and regionalized information to product information management. Localized and regionalized information might be images that provide the cultural norms and currency and measurement translation. Moreover, marketers can expand the market to new locations with this information.
Who Needs a PIM Solution?
PIM solutions generate revenues for businesses by efficiently managing product data in one place. The important point to consider is who needs the PIM solution for product data management. The following discussion can help you identify who needs PIM solutions.
- Product Managers: Product managers use the product information management solution to deliver product information to marketing teams. Additionally, a product manager can update the information if product specifications change in the PIM tool at any time.
- Creators: Designers, copywriters, photographers, and other creators might use the data stored in the product information management system to guide the project. In addition to that, the PIM solution provides the creators with the required information to create accurate deliverables.
- E-commerce Managers: Information in product information management solutions helps the e-commerce managers in the product listing. Other than that, with the help of this reliable and consistent information, they can deliver the best customer experience.
- Agencies: Product information management software offers information to agencies about the client’s product for syndication to the marketplace. Moreover, agencies can use this software to manage the information well rather than creating and managing individual spreadsheets manually.
How Does PIM Work?
PIM helps to improve the customer and purchasing experience by creating, managing, and updating the product data. This system works very easily to help the teams in data management. First, there is a need to collect and organize the data of the product and import the data from outside sources to the PIM system. Furthermore, by collecting and importing data regularly, you ensure that information stays accurate.
After this, you have to enrich the data with digital assets or marketing copy and collaborate on the product’s workflow. Also, you can use SEO keywords to rank the product information. Marketers can also add currency and measurement translation to the product information management system to attract all the customers. Now, you can share and publish your product information with ease across various channels, including e-commerce partners and print publishers.
The Ultimate Tool for Product Information Management
The best tool for product information management is Docuo, which has advanced features. With the AI Copilot feature of this tool, users can create and manage product documentation information effortlessly. Plus, this high-tech tool cuts documentation and data management time in half. Other than that, the directory feature automatically structures the content in the document by identifying the content direction.
- Easy-to-use document editor to update product information
- Seamless collaboration with a co-create documentation option
- Code share and code shot feature to create beauty, and share code snippets
- Publish the required docs site by automatically applying SEO-optimization and mobile-friendliness techniques